Sunday 13 January 2013

Me and what I am doing here


I love meat .... I love cheese especially unpasteurised Stilton and I absolutely am addicted to toast!!! I love wraps and tortillas and melty mixed cheese on toast is something that makes me slide off the couch in pure bliss, and if you really want to get on my good side an inch thick rump cooked blue with a dill and lemon hollandaise don't talk to me cos I will be eating.

However I have an issue.... one that makes these things cause me extreme pain after the bliss of eating them. I have IBS, the form of IBS that I have is kicked off in a big way by 90% of the foods that I naturally ate for nearly 40 years ....

A couple of weeks ago, Christmas Day in fact was the start of a really nasty bout of nausea caused by excessive amounts of all the foods I shouldn't eat that still today has not completely dissipated.

It didn't matter how little an amount of something was I threw it up. It was an attractive look and excessive enough that my partner and I were wondering if there wasn't a stow away on board. Well the answer to that was no. The only other thing that could have caused such acute bout of nausia like this is the IBS.

Normally over the last 10 years I have detoxed when this has happened. (Just for the record it has never been this bad) 3-4 weeks being vegan and wheat free normally gives me about 6 months of freedom again. This time is different, this time its serious, this time it is time to say goodbye to Mr Bacon and Miss Stilton and start really looking after myself.

As of today I am putting my money where my mouth is and really going for it. I am actually going to go vegan and wheat free permanently.

This blog is here to track my progress and to maybe let some of you with similar issues realise that you are not alone. That we are out here and that being vegan and wheat free doesn't mean that you have to turn into a rabbit.

On the subject of being a rabbit I would not be able to cope without certain little luxuries that I have come to depend on over the years to get me through those rough moments in time. Hollandaise and Mayo are 2 of these items and without having something very very very similar you can be sure that at some point I will fail miserably. Being a stubborn creature I will not allow this to happen so have done lots of research to help me on the way. What helps me will be shared with you, and for the next year I will be sharing my progress.

My hope is that if anyone finds the insane ramblings of me that maybe, just maybe we can help each other and support others through this transition for whatever reason you may be doing it.







No comments:

Post a Comment