Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 4 ~ In which I find myself learning how to open a door again.

Hey there.

Today has been one of those days that you truly have to forgive yourself for. If you don't learn to forgive yourself then no-one can do it for you and you end up thinking you have failed and give up. I am NOT giving up. I just had a bad day.

Unable to get my head together today I did manage to sort out a reference I was supposed to write a week ago and get that delivered and then promtly took a very large box to the chemist and said "Here have it all back I don't need it anymore". I toddled up the road and decided to pop into the local charity shop and forgot how to open the door.

This is a door I use at least 4-5 times a week. A door which has a very beautiful handle of brass and although a little sticky in winter very normal to open. Today though, I forgot how. After 3 attempts of walking into it I finally saw the handle and decieded it might be a good idea to try and turn it. I did. The door opened.....

Everyone of course is giggling and taking the Micky and I decide it is probably a good idea to hobble off home where I am probably safest at this stage....

On arrival home I trip up the lounge step. You know the one you walk up without thinking every single time you enter the room .... I had forgotten it was there.

In view of this I fled to the safety of a friends house and stayed there until about 10 minutes ago. When I decided it was probably a good plan to let them have thier life back for the remainder of the evening. 

As you can see today is not a day I should be let loose in the kitchen. Not only for my own safety but everyone else's as well.

So tonight I know you are going to be mad at me but right now, I am not cooking, what I am doing is allowing myself the day I need to sort my head out.

We are due for severe weather here over the next few days with big snow YAY!!! and tomorrow I am having to head out on my own to talk to the bank and get supplies in whilst we still can.

Whatever else happens over the next couple of days I know that I have stuff to do in the kitchen. My Soybeans are now loverly and soaked and ready to turn into milk and other yummies. So with any luck now my head appears to be returning to normal again this evening. 

I would like to thank everyone for thier patience with me. This is a journey and not the destination. If anyone is looking for the destination pleasse come back in 5 years time when I might have gotten it right. For now I am me and I am doing the best I can in some pretty interesting circumstances right now.

Until tomorrow

xox Love and Light xox








 

No comments:

Post a Comment