Sunday 15 September 2013

"Cheesey" Toastie with lots of nommy bits

Ok so I got rather excited finding a Vegan Cheddar in our local wholefoods shop. That very night I decided that i must have a cheese toastie... something I have missed for months and months and really really love and to be fair I'm pretty sure its one of the basic things we all miss when we first walk this path.

So yes I have add ons in mine but these are entirely up to you... I have to say however I have found out that the both the bread I am using and the Quorn bacon strips have reconstituted egg white in them so if you have to be a little more stricter than I do then use what you choose too. I have to admit that eggs seem to be ok at this point for me. Who's to say that wont change later on though ???

So here we go ...

CHEESE TOASTIE

Ok so these were my ingredients ... add your own according to your taste.
 4 slices of bread
 butter your bread .... BUT ... on the wrong side of the bread
 add whatever is less wet as ingredients first against the bread to save it from soggyitis from tomatoes or whatever
 then add your wet ingredients in the middle like these overly quickly sliced tomatoes...
 CHHHEEEEEESSSSSEEEEE GROMIT!!!!
 yeap slices like cheddar, smells a little like feta... but it definitely gives the impression of cheese and that's all i care about right now!!!
 top slice on .... if you wanted to you can add your favourite mustard or whatever on the top slice ... i was far too excited for fripperies!!!
 straight in a pan that you have preheated on a medium temp.. not hot or your bread will burn before anything has time to cook or warm up inside !!!!
 flip your loverly golden nomminess
 I did turn the temp down at this point and popped a lid on as it did appear to be cooking a little too quickly and I wanted the filling to be hot and gooey
 and I did charcoal the other side of my toastie which is why its sitting side up on this one... ready to eat ... I don't mind a bit of charcoal I have to say it stops the "vegan butt ruptures" for a little while at least...


They were utterly yummy but in my haste of wanting a toastie I forgot the A toastie and made the 2 and paid for it ... 

Oh well ... I know we all think it's worth it .. but really really it isn't ... pain isn't a good thing it means we did something bad... in my case my body is desperately trying to cope with solid food and it really isn't. This is a learning curve not just for me but everyone. My lesson today has been 1 is enough!!! 

Until next time 

xox Pam xox 













No comments:

Post a Comment