Tuesday 20 August 2013

Brekky of champions ... well I tried

Today I have now been off the fizzy drinks for 4 days. Last night I had one of the most horrific migraines I have ever experienced. During the day I was so out of it I couldn't concentrate I was making people crabby at me and quite honestly it was awful. Probably as much for them as it was for me .

After recovering from that and sleeping it off quite well, I thought a really good brekky was in order. Now I am taking pics of my brekky so don't expect 3 stars or hats or whatever .... I wasn't properly awake and none of us wake up at 5 to put a perfick brekky on the table.

I chose Mushrooms and Avocado on Toast with Pond Scum Cocktail.

I did cheat with making the cocktail however from now on I can see me making the juice myself but right now I'm just still getting the hang of it so I figure its allowed. At least it wasn't concentrate.


Ingredients ..... 
2        Bananas
2 tsps Spirulina
500ml Orange Juice or Orange and Mango Juice
500ml Apple Juice or Apple and Mango Juice

Place all the ingredients in a blender ...

Blitz until the bananas and Spirulina have incorporated with no lumps. About a minute. 

 The light isn't great in our house so you can't properly see the gorgeous green colour .. I have to admit it looks pretty icky here but Trust me this stuff rocks !!!
 And this is Himself squirming while I drink it hahaha. Yes that is a Bacon and Stilton baguette he has there and a Rockstar drink ... normally i would have been climbing the walls for one of those but it seems the last few days off the fizzy drinks might be doing its job.
Spirulina is an amazing thing and if you can get past the whole green thing then you will find that you are having something that makes you not only feel better but will help protect you from the buggies and other lurgies.

Well I have lots to do today so until tomorrow

xox Pam xox

No comments:

Post a Comment